NEW FOR 2021
• Hapkido Paired Defense Events & Falling Events for Height and Distance
• Tatami Sword Cutting Contest led by Senior Grandmaster Hyun Kyoo Jang,
Founder of Kummooyeh, from Korea kummooyeh.org at the Martial Arts Expo
who will also host two workshops the weekend of the Hanmadang!
• International Judge GM Chris Thoen from Belgium
• Sifu Lindsey Wei of Wudang White Horse, Kung Fu Fan Forms
• Capoeira Roda, CTE Capoeiragem
• Black Belts: recruiters will be scouting this event for participation in the televised World Hanmadang event at Taekwondowon in Korea in 2021!
Download the event promo poster/info sheet here.
The Oregon State Hanmadang is applying to become a NON-PROFIT 501 (c)(3)! Please consider becoming a sponsor and receive great visibility throughout the pre-launch and the event.
MARTIAL ARTS EXPO
SUGGESTED DONATION: $5-10
PARTICIPANTS: JANUARY EARLY BIRD $75 FOR 2 EVENTS + $10/ADDITIONAL EVENT
SPECTATORS: Adults: $10 / Kids: $5 at the door
“I was in attendance at Oregon’s first Hanmadang and witnessed first hand the success
of the event. Washington, California and Oregon have a large martial art population.
Now that schools all over the Pacific Northwest have heard of the event, they will come.”
– Grandmaster Doug Fuechsel, Executive Director of the US OPEN National Hanmadang
Sat May 1, 2021 • 8 am – 5 pm • Valley River Inn
• NEW! Hapkido Paired Defense and Falling (Height & Distance)
• Power Breaking (Hand & foot) & Ind Creative Combo Breaking
• Kung Fu Forms (with & w/o weapons)
• Archery (Stationery and Dynamic)
• Trad/Creative Forms (Ind/Team w or w/o Weapons)
• Speed/Hook Board-breaking (30 seconds)
• Flying Side & Jump Front Kick (Distance & Height)
• Demo teams, key divisions and demographics have a chance to qualify for award funds through the Champions Education Fund
THANK YOU TO OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS!