Oregon State Hanmadang wins prestigious Sports Leadership Award.
Senior Grandmaster Hyun Kyoo Jang
Korean Sword and Archery
We welcome SG Hyun Kyoo Jang, founder of Kummooyeh from Korea! He will host a Tatami Sword Cutting Contest at the Martial Arts Expo on Friday night as well as teach two workshops in sword and archery the weekend of the Hanmadang. Grand Master Hyun Kyoo Jang has over 35 year experience training and teaching Korean martial arts, including Taekwondo, Haedong Kumdo & Haidong Gumdo (traditional Korean swordsmanship). He holds 9th Dan Black Belt in Kummooyeh, and 8th Dan Black Belt in Haedong Kumdo.
Sifu Lindsey Wei
Kung Fu Fan Forms
Lindsey Wei, 24th Generation Pure Light Sect, studied for 9 years in a remote Daoist Temple with her Shi Fu, Li Song Feng, in the Wudang Mountains of China. She learned Internal Gong Fu and Alchemy in a traditional one on one context.
In 2012 she published her book, The Valley Spirit, documenting her journey as a young woman on the warrior path.
In 2014, she founded her school in America, Wudang White Horse Academy in the remote mountains of California and Oregon.
NEW FOR 2021
Paired defense events and falling for height and distance.
Forms with and without weapons. Includes para-karate.
Capoeira Roda, CTE Capoeiragem with Davey Jackson.
• Black Belts: recruiters will be scouting this event for participation in the televised World Hanmadang event at Taekwondowon in Korea in 2021!
MARTIAL ARTS EXPO
SUGGESTED DONATION: $5-10
PARTICIPANTS: JANUARY EARLY BIRD $75 FOR 2 EVENTS + $10/ADDITIONAL EVENT
SPECTATORS: Adults: $10 / Kids: $5 at the door
“I was in attendance at Oregon’s first Hanmadang and witnessed first hand the success
of the event. Washington, California and Oregon have a large martial art population.
Now that schools all over the Pacific Northwest have heard of the event, they will come.”
– Grandmaster Doug Fuechsel, Executive Director of the US OPEN National Hanmadang
Sat May 1, 2021 • 8 am – 5 pm • Valley River Inn
• NEW! Hapkido Paired Defense and Falling (Height & Distance)
• Power Breaking (Hand & foot) & Ind Creative Combo Breaking
• Kung Fu Forms (with & w/o weapons)
• Archery (Stationery and Dynamic)
• Trad/Creative Forms (Ind/Team w or w/o Weapons)
• Speed/Hook Board-breaking (30 seconds)
• Flying Side & Jump Front Kick (Distance & Height)
• Demo teams, key divisions and demographics have a chance to qualify for award funds through the Champions Education Fund
THANK YOU BUSINESS PARTNERS